Professional services companies face a number of unique challenges in managing their sales process. Being a professional services company ourselves, we are intimately familiar with these challenges:
- Long sales cycles: Professional services sales cycles can be long, often lasting months or even years. This can make it difficult to maintain momentum and keep prospects engaged.
- Complex sales pitches: Professional services sales pitches can be complex, as they often involve a deep understanding of the customer's business and their specific needs. This can make it difficult to communicate the value of your services in a clear and concise way.
- High-touch sales: Professional services sales require a high degree of personal interaction with the customer. This can make it difficult to scale your sales process and reach a large number of prospects.
- Intangible benefits:The benefits of professional services are often intangible, such as improved efficiency or increased customer satisfaction. This can make it difficult to quantify the value of your services and convince prospects to buy.
These challenges can make it difficult for professional services companies to close deals and grow their businesses. However, there are a number of strategies that can help to overcome these challenges. These strategies include:
- Focus on building relationships: Building strong relationships with prospects is essential for success in professional services sales. This means taking the time to understand their needs and challenges and providing them with valuable insights.
- Use a structured sales process: A structured sales process can help to ensure that you are following a consistent and effective approach to selling. This process should include steps such as lead qualification, needs assessment, and proposal development.
- Use technology to your advantage: Technology can help you to automate tasks, track progress, and communicate with prospects more effectively. This can free up your time so that you can focus on building relationships and closing deals.
- Be prepared to invest in training: Sales training can help your team to develop the skills and knowledge they need to be successful in professional services sales. This training should cover topics such as prospecting, presentation skills, and negotiation.
By addressing these challenges and implementing these strategies, professional services companies can improve their sales process and close more deals.
There are a few areas above that are uniquely amenable to be addressed in a sophisticated CRM solution like the class-leading Salesforce Sales Cloud. In addition to the out-of-the-box capabilities, Intelliswift has built significant value-adds to support processes in a typical professional services sales cycle. These include:
- Enrich salesperson productivity and accelerate the sales cycle with Enhanced Intelligence: Intelliswift enriches Salesforce's standard features providing real-time visibility into customer activity, marketing engagement history, quotes, and AI-powered insights. Our integrations with class-leading sales intelligence and automation tools like Draup, Zoominfo, and others support salespersons with usable intelligence through every stage in the sales cycle.
- Enhanced account and opportunity qualification: By seamlessly integrating world-class sales methodologies like the Korn Ferry / Miller Heiman Blue Sheet into the sales process, we ensure that sales teams are working collaboratively on the prioritized accounts and opportunities.
- Automation of resource onboarding and time management process for T&M billing: Intelliswift has built significant automation for processes like onboarding resources against a won opportunity, triggering engagement start and end processes (background check, payroll, etc.)
- Integration with applicant tracking and other line of business solutions in the professional services industry: Our prebuilt, reusable integrations with applicant tracking, candidate testing, and other solutions like Jobdiva, Glider, etc. significantly enhance overall productivity and reduces time to billing.
- Leveraging Generative AI and Conversational AI to not only automate routine tasks but assisting sales teams with generating messaging, pitch, email, and phone follow-up scripts, finding product collateral, etc.
Overall, we've seen a 30% to 40% improvement for professional services companies in terms of overall sales team productivity and over 50% reduction in the time it takes from order to onboarding.
At Intelliswift, we use a multi-CoE approach to deliver a comprehensive solution to our customers. Our Salesforce CoE covers Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and partners with our Data Analytics CoE for Tableau and Digital Integration CoE for Mulesoft. Reach out to us to know more.
Sanjay Kalra, VP, Digital Transformation and Head, Alliances
Sanjay is a highly experienced subject matter expert in Information Technology, Product Engineering, Customer Experience, Cloud, Automation, Data Analytics, and AI – which enables him to serve as a trusted advisor to enterprises and growing organizations.